Are you over the effects shaving, chemical deodorants and everyday clothing have on your underarms? Tired of noticing those unhealthy armpit angels in that cute dress? Then there is no time like the Fall season to kick up your hibernation plan for your pampering schedule and try these natural remedies for bringing your underarms to Jawnness.
Rubbing fresh lemons on your underarms twice daily for 15 days will produce visible change in the pigmentation of your underarm. Rich in D-limonene and Vitamin-C, lemons aide in detoxification of the skin, and contain outstanding antibacterial antiseptic properties that will exfoliate dead skin cells while brightening your skin!
- Before a daily shower use 2 fresh lemon slices to rub underarms
- Allow the lemon juice and its citrus flesh to sit on the skin for up to 10 minutes then wash off.
- Expholiate and moisturize the armpits after this process.
- Repeat procedure before bed, allowing juice to remain on skin overnight for increased results.
Potato slices on your underarms for 20-25 minutes once a day is also a great inexpensive remedy for brightening the underarms. With a high potassium, sulphur, phosphorus and chlorine content, potatoes help in clearing out blemishes of the skin while also lightening the skin tone for even appeal.
- Peal and thinly slice one potato.
- Rub one slice on each of your underarms.
- Allow the potato juice to sit on your skin for 20-25 minutes or until dried.
- Wash off with warm water.
Also containing starch, the potato has emollient properties that help to smooth and soften the skin!
*If you like more work and feel weird just rubbing potatoes on yourself, you can extract the juice from the potato and spray it on your armpits.
3. MIXY: Baking Soda, Lemon Juice & Activated Charcoal
While we all know that baking soda is an incredible brightening agent, it is also amazing at exfoliating. Helping to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores; baking soda mixed with the super-fruit juice of a lemon with the mind-blowing power of activated charcoal will have you seeing benefits of pampering yourself in no time!
- Purchase activated charcoal from your local Walmart, GNC, Whole Foods or health food store.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 tablespoon of baking soda & mix.
- Take 2 activated charcoal tablets (or 1 tablespoon if beginning with powder) and add to BS/LJ mixture.
- Apply the paste to your underarms- scrub for approx. 5 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Finish with a moisturizer.
The results of the above natural DIY remedies will vary depending on skin type, pigment and toleration. Be sure that your skin will not become irritated by any of the listed ingredients by testing one small spot before completing full application.
Just like everything in life; consistency is key! Set a weekly ‘Pamper Me’ alarm in your phone on days that work for you and take back time for yourself, even in the smallest ways.